My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Turkey Day Approaches

The approach of Thanksgiving is a sign that Christmas is not far behind. Where has the time gone. It seems like it was only yesterday that winter was ending and spring was springing. Now begins the arduous task of preparing for winter and Christmas, the best holiday from a child's point of view. From an adult's point of view - UGH! Time to think of that perfect gift that will put a smile on the faces of those closest to you.

But first things first - Thanksgiving. The day where we give thanks for all the things that have happened to us this year. Family, friends, and by the grace of God waking up each morning to live our lives with these people.

I am thankful for this blamed machine that I am using at the moment - for with it I have become closer to those that are important to me. I have renewed family ties, reunited with old friends and I have become acquainted with new friends. The age of technology is providing so much - it used to take hours to write letters, days for the letters to arrive and if I was lucky I got responses. Now all of that takes a matter minutes - seconds if you manage to get into a chat room at the same time.

Sometimes my communication consists of forwarding jokes, prayers and messages from others to people. Lazy I know, but everyone should know that when I do this I am thinking of them and letting them know that I am there for them if need be. So please do not be offended when I do that - I am sending you something to make you giggle or I am sending a prayer to keep you safe etc. I really try to limit myself to the best giggles and prayers, so that I don't inundate you all with nonsense.

Take care my lovelies, have a happy holiday and don't eat too much.

No comments: