My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holiday Season Almost Here

Tomorrow marks the start of another Holiday Season and a time of the year which for some is very busy. Me, however, I like to take it slow and easy and this year I have made sure that I will be able to do that for the most part. I have 95% of my shopping done, now all I have to do is wrap and send or wrap and hide, whichever applies. Believe me - this is very unusual for me and something that I hope that I will be able to repeat in years to come.

Of course, I still have my annual Xmas missive to write, which is going to be a little bit more difficult this year because I have kept in touch with so many electronically this year, but I will give it the old college try one of these days.

This is a time of the year that I do a lot of reflecting, mostly about family and loved ones that are no longer with us. I then say thank you for the people that are still in my life and try to brighten my spirits. Sometimes this is a little hard to do because I suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and sometimes it gets in the way and I have to work harder to find the "bright things". This year I think that having reconnected with family and friends (all via the electronic highways and byways) will be a great help. I am having a grand time "socializing" and hope to continue for a long time to come.

Have a Happy Holiday season one and all........

No comments: