Friday night I attended a celebration of life so to speak. There were several people at my old job that celebrated their time on the job around the same time - most were celebrating 30 years on the job, but there was one 25 year and one 20 year celebration.
These are old school employees who take pride in their job and the "company" they work for. They are all looking forward to the day they can retire, but they are doing it with a tear in their eye. They will know when it is time to walk out the door and start the next phase of their life just like I knew. In the mean time - party on.
The setting was nice, the food was good, the program was very informative and it was nice to sit and talk with former co-workers. Best of all were the hugs that I collected along the way. I was not a hugger when I moved to Baltimore, but I have learned to be one and it is one of the nicest things that happened to me since moving here. It is nice to feel a warm heartfelt embrace from a friend or even from someone that you don't know all that well.
Anyway, congrats to all and may they live to retire and enjoy the next phase of what God has planned for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment