Halloween was a dud in our area - it rained so there were no trick or treaters and we were left with all the candy that was bought to give out. Definitely did not need that. I eat it if it is around, otherwise I am a good girl and stay away from it. Eddie was a ninja and he did go trick or treating with the twins (they used to live next door to us and have maintained their friendship). I think they managed to beat the rain.
The local malls were the big draw this year. Kids hit the stores - not the same as far as I am concerned. Definitely takes something away from the atmosphere of the holiday. But the kids stayed dry, which is a good thing I guess.
My grand nieces and nephews all look swell in their costumes and I hope that they all had a good time. Some nice choices for costumes - I don't think that most kids would think of being a SWAT team member or a mexican-style wrestler (I suddenly drew a blank = old age creeping in one of the cracks I guess). Firemen, ballerina and fairy princesses are nice as well - especially if they reflect the interests of the kid wearing it.
Well, it is time for me to start my day. Breakfast is first (tummy growling) and then it is on to folding clothes and cleaning (those not so fun things that need to be done, but sometimes wait until the last minute to get done). I am a procrastinator and I come by it honestly - I inherited it from my father, along with two left feet and no sense of rythym (three claps in unison and then on to my own pace).
No comments:
Post a Comment