The year 2011 has begun. It is brand new and just waiting for me to fill it up with all sorts of things. I have a trip planned for the summer time - a family reunion in California. I am also looking forward to it being warm and being able to watch my animal friends take on their daily duties.
I got a preview of the spring today when I woke up. I looked out my window and saw a woodpecker doing his thing. He was rat-tat-tatting away with serious abandon - I hope that his efforts were fruitful and he had a good meal. I would have one serious headache if I had to hit a solid object as often as he did - I admire his tenacity and am amazed by God's handiwork.
The last big winter weather incident that dumped snow along the Eastern Seaboard missed my house altogether. There were flurries in the air all day, but nothing stuck. Ocean City had snow on the boardwalk, but we were out and about with nary a flake on the ground. I was glad that it passed me by - I was not in the mood for being "landlocked" by white stuff. I know that winter is not over so there is a chance of us getting cold and white looming in the future - will hibernate then.
I hope to continue my lunch/dinner outings with my friends and hope to meet with my sister-in-law once in awhile. All of these meetings provide many hours of sheer enjoyment and give me something to look forward to.
I will continue to read, write, watch t.v. and do the daily mundane chores that need to be done. I will also continue to keep in touch with all of my FB friends and family. All of these things kept me busy last year and hopefully will keep me even more busy this year.
There is but one regret that I have regarding 2011 - it is one year closer to the end for me. I am now officially one of the millions of baby boomers that will be draining Social Security of its resources. Of course, it will not be official until August, but it is coming ever closer.
I can remember reading George Orwell's book 1984 back in the early 60s and being a little bit leery of the coming of 1984, never dreaming that one day I would be entering the year 2011. It (1984) came and went and bore no resemblance to the book - now I am just living one year at a time and hoping for the best. I am on the downhill side and my life and have no idea whatsoever what the future holds for me in the long run. I am living each day as it comes and hoping for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment