My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Season 2010


This is the extent of holiday decorations on the outside of my house. There was a time when the house would have been covered with lights from top to bottom, but for some reason when we moved to Carroll County in 1986 that tradition stayed with the old house. I was a little sad to see this tradition fade away, but things change as we each get older and over the years we put up fewer and fewer decorations. We still celebrate the season though, with as much gusto as we have ever done.

They (the weathermen of the area) were originally calling for snow on the 25th, but I do believe that has changed. Our little "mole hill" mountains (The Appalachians) are doing their job and so far the worst of the weather has gone either to the north or south of us. I used to "dis" those little "mole hill" mountains, but have learned over the years to greatly appreciate the job that they do.

I learned not long ago, that my friend in New Zealand has been reading my blog - hooray, someone else other than my nieces have read my writings. I enjoy what little writing that I do and am always glad to get feedback. Thank you my friend.

To anyone who may read this I want to wish a Happy Holiday Season (Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanza etc. - don't want to leave anyone out) and my the new year bring the best of everything to you.

No comments: