My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Motivation

Motivation, or lack thereof, was the theme for this day. After spending time on the computer this morning, breaking to watch my soaps and back on the computer this evening, I am still looking for something that I can say motivated me today.

It was cold outside, so I stayed in. It was cloudy outside so there was really no reason to look out my window in hopes of seeing something. This has been a hum drum day with nothing exciting happening.

Have been eagerly awaiting the news that my tenth grand, a boy, has made his appearance. My nephew and his wife are expecting and the little guy is taking his sweet time - as first ones so often do. From what I have been reading he is giving his mother a fit and his dad is "losing" patience with him already. He will come when he is ready and on his own terms. This one is going to be a strong willed individual that will carve out his own path in this world. I wish them well and look forward to meeting him later on this year when I am in California for a visit.

My next exciting thing that I did today was make sure that Publishing Clearing House is well aware of the fact that I am ready to become a millionaire. Wishful thinking I know, but would it ever be nice. After taking my entourage (lawyer, accountant etc.) with me to claim my prize I would sit down and try to decide what I would do with that kind of money.

Help my son is high on my list as is helping others that are less fortunate. Then I would put all my prized possessions in storage and after paying off my current mortgage, I would bull doze the current abode. I would build a bigger and better one on the very same ground I have now. It would still be a rancher, but bigger rooms laid out better and the addition of a 2 or 3 car garage. My dream home.

This is how my day went - exciting isn't it? Some tell me this is what retirement is for - being lazy, wearing pajamas all day long if so inclined and vegging out and doing nonsensical things that do not require much thought or effort.

No comments: