My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wintery Mixture

It is a mess outside at the moment. We had an unexpected couple of inches of snow on the ground this a.m. when we got up. Not supposed to get here until tonight. Needless to say I was outside shoveling snow earlier today. I cleaned off most of the sidewalk, made a path down to the spot where Terry would be parking his truck and cleared the driveway to the point where he would have a clean shot into his parking space. My cardio for the day.

Well it is later in the day and since then there has been rain, sleet and finally more snow. Can't seem to get away from snow this year. At least once a week we are looking at new snow on the ground. I am getting tired of cleaning it off my car only to have it back there in a couple of days. You would think that I would learn and just leave it alone. Well, I have my wish - it will be a few days before this snow is cleaned off my car. Good thing that I went out yesterday and got the makings for sour beef and dumplings this weekend. Terry has requested it for his birthday dinner.

"Talked" with my brother in California via Face Book today. They are in the midst of a spring like weather pattern. I can't even let myself think about spring - have too much winter to go and it would just depress me. Did enjoy "talking" though. I am getting excited to make my trip to California this summer. It is going to be nice to see the family again.

I have just come to the conclusion that it is good that it is dark out already because I don't think that I would like to see what is outside my window. God only knows just how much of the white stuff will be on the ground in the morning. Do know that it is going to mean another day off from school for the kids. Never a dull moment around here.

No comments: