My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It just hit me....

I now know why the day (1/24/10) is so gloomy. It is mom's birthday and she is no longer here to celebrate it. In four more days it will be dad's birthday and he is no longer here to celebrate it. Sad state of affairs.

I miss them both and am very thankful that they raised me to be the person that I am today. I was fortunate in that I got to tell them each just how much they meant to me before they passed. That was very important to me. I needed them to know - now I tell the whole world - they were the best and I miss them a lot. I look at the picture of Mills Peak every day and thank God that they were in my life.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I miss them too. I wish I got to know them as an adult. All my memories are as a child.

vicki said...

Any and all memories, whether they are of you young or old, were treasured by them. They loved all of their grandkids and would have been ecstatic to know they had 7 great grandkids as well. You were their "Bug".