My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Eight Days Old

Twenty-ten is 8 days old tonight and once again we have snow on the ground and very cold temps making hibernation appear to be most welcoming. I tried to do that this morning, but didn't quite make it. The added activity of snow shoveling (Terry digging out his car to go to work) and the fact that the schools were opening two hours late meant that morning routines last longer than normal. I really really tried to crawl back in bed, cover up my head and go back to sleep.

I managed an extra hour or so and then I just had to get up. I moved on to my regular snow day activities - plopped down in my recliner, turned on the t.v. and watched Rachel Ray, the View and my soaps. After all that was said and done I came into my bedroom and started my socializing routine. I answered my e-mails, went to Face Book and "El Tigre" on MyFamily.com and perused my nieces' blogs - new pictures of kids are always a welcome site.

I was on a roll, but I got a phone call from a friend and 17 minutes later I am at a loss as to what I was going to write about. So I guess that this is a good time to call it quits. It is dinner time anyway and I am hungry. More later......

No comments: