My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tropical Weather.

It was a very warm day today - virtually tropical - compared to what it has been for the past two to three weeks, which have been frigid to say the least (my babysitter used to say colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra - the very thought of that just tells me that it has been really, really cold). so true, so true. I almost fell over the first time I heard her say that because it was so out of character for her. It is one of her more endearing qualities and I was so grateful when she and her husband said that they would be Terry's guardians if anything had happened to Paul and I before Terry turned 18 years old.

It was 49 degrees out - or so the thermometer in my car told me. I was even driving around with my window down a little bit. You know that it had to be warm if I was doing that. I even did extra errands after going to lunch with friends to extend my stay outside. Lunch was great by the way. It is always nice to meet with friends, break bread and catch up on what is going on in each others lives. I always come away feeling so good about having retired almost three years ago (come 3/31). Hard to believe - the time has flown by so fast.

Time to move on -

No comments: