My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ground Hog Day

according the Puxatawny Phil we have six more weeks of winter to go. This is always the case when 2/2 arrives no matter what the shadow says. The past couple of weeks have been something. I have been hampered by pulled muscles in my right leg that have kept me hobbling around the house--so much fun. Hopefully this time around between the ibuprophen, Vicks VapoRub, and muscle relaxers I am going to make it work.

I have been spending my time in the living room watching t.v. and my bedroom cyber socializing. My only connection with the great outdoors has been my bedroom window and at the moment the ground is covered in white and there is more on the way. It seems like it is never going to end. Not that it matters much at the moment anyway, I am not going outside for quite a while.

Hopefully Thursday evening will be my first time out in two weeks - it is time for my yearly visit to my tax man so that I can get the bad or good news, whichever it happens to be. I am really not all that worried he has done very good in the last 20 years of finding all of my deductions etc. and getting me money back.

I have had alot of fun cyber socializing via Facebook and MyFamily.com (El Tigre page). Most of the people that I have been exchanging info with on El Tigre were nothing but names that I knew about when I was in School. I am developing some really nice relationships with these people - I have learned a lot of history about them and the area where I spent most of my youth. It has been very interesting and is keeping the mind active - which at this point in my life is very important.

Time to run, have a couple of things to do before I plop my bottom side in Terry's recliner in the living room to watch my programs, as my Gram used to say. I mean the soaps of course.

No comments: