May 11, 2012 was the big day - It was my last day of 7 weeks worth of radiation treatments. You are given a bell on a pink ribbon to ring as you walk down the hall for the last time so that everyone could cheer for you. Since that day I have gone to several doctor's appointments for follow ups - all of whom are very pleased with my progress. The only thing that I have to get through now is five years worth of Exemestane (a medication that takes estrogen out of your system to keep any cancer cells from transferring to any other part of your body) and mammograms every six months. Better to be safe than sorry.
I am back to my normal daily routine - which really doesn't mean much. I go out to lunch with friends, go to the gym at least three times a week and sit around home thinking about all of the things that I should be doing in the way of house work (cleaning and/or laundry) that I don't have the motivation to do. Procrastination is my middle name at the moment.
The weather has been very nice for the past few weeks - winter was warmer than normal, spring was wetter than normal and so far temps are bearable as is the humidity. I am hoping that it continues this way because I really want to do some traveling in August. I am hoping to visit a friend that lives in the Detroit, MI area. It will be a two day drive, which some of my friends are concerned about. They can be over protective at times. If I don't do it because I am worried about what could happen to me I would never walk out the front door. None of my friends in the area are retired yet so I have no choice but to do things on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment