My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Farther into the Future

I am moving even farther into the future of high tech computer stuff.  My old cell phone gave up the ghost - it was turning itself off whenever it decided that it was a nice time to do so.  Very inconsiderate of the blamed thing especially when I use it for my alarm.  A missed appointment is no fun.  Soooooo, I upgraded. 

This new phone lets me do everything - most importantly it can be set up as a WiFi hotspot that will handle up to five items (computers, etc) at a time.  I can now be in the middle of nowhere and use my laptop - will wonders never cease.  I can actually get on the internet with the new phone, but it is a little small, especially the keyboard.  My fingers are not compatible and I was doing a lot of backspacing (more than normal) to correct things.  I solved this problem by getting a stylus.  I do so much better with this little tool.

I bought a portable netbook the other day as well -has a 7 inch screen and will be good for traveling.  It actually fits in my purse.  I am toying with the idea of taking it back,but probably won't because it is convenient for traveling like I said.

I have truly become a techie - I like using the things, but when it comes to the inside workings I am not so good.  I have to rely on people that are smart about the inner workings of these modern marvels.

No comments: