My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Miracle of Life

The other day at about 4:00 p.m.,while I was walking around in Wal Mart, I came across a young mom holding her baby.  Me being the nosey thing that I am asked how old the baby was.  To my astonishment she replied 15 hours - yep, 15 hours. 

She explained that she had given birth to the little darling at 1:15 a.m. that day at a birthing center (water method was her choice of procedures).  She and the baby were doing well and had been released.  Fifteen hours - WOW!!!!   I was amazed.  She was walking around like nothing out of the ordinary had happened that day.  Shades of the pioneer spirit.  She was a little surprised with herself because she said it was an easy birth with not much pain involved.  Something to be said for that "water thing".

This is the youngest baby I have ever seen except for my son when he was born many many years ago.  This has given me a new found faith that just maybe the next generation is going to do okay.  She had courage and a fortitude that not many young ones exhibit in this day and age.  Bless her heart.  I wished them both well and went on my way with the realization that I had witnessed a minor miracle.



No comments: