My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fourth of July, 2011

Second big holiday of the summer. People are now crowding the roadways on their way to the beaches or mountains, whichever floats their boats. Me, I am firmly ensconced in my home and intend to stay here. I do not have to go far to enjoy the pleasures of the weekend.

We will be grilling our holiday fare and awaiting the fireworks which are kindly provided by several people in the immediate neighborhood. The neighborhood shows provide just as much noise and spectacular flashes across the sky as the big shows do and we do not have to fight traffic or crowds to enjoy.

The weather promises to be nice - not too hot or too humid, which is great. The "walk, jog, run" club that I belong to will not be meeting Saturday morning as usual, but I will make up for it by going to the gym and walking a mile on the treadmill and riding the bike for a mile as well. After that I will go to Denny's for breakfast (I get a free Grand Slam breakfast because I went online and filled out a survey).

The energy that I garner from the walk and bike riding I am going to put to use to do some much needed cleanup that needs to be done outside. Never ends does it?

It won't be long and I will be getting on a plane to California. I fly into Reno and rent a car to travel around - the mountains and Central Northern California - and then back to Reno to fly home. I am looking forward to the trip.

No comments: