
This is a second attempt to post - the first was wiped out by the computer or blogspot or somewhere else along the line. Sometimes computers are the bane of my existence, especially when they mess things up. I am trying again......
This picture is the result of my battle with my driveway on Saturday. I was walking to the mailbox at the end of my driveway, my foot misplaced itself half on the drive and half on the ground. I was thrown off balance and before you know it I am face down in the dirt. Not a flattering position for a 65 year old woman. Welcome to my new status as "senior citizen" or at least the brink of said status - still a few weeks to go.
Anyway, I have the equivalence of a very nasty rug burn and some swelling. The color purple is also prevalent in the mix. All this just one week before traveling to California for a family reunion. This mug will make for some interesting stories when it comes to picture time. If my body reacts as it normally does I should be at the "green yellow" stage of bruising by the time I am ready to leave for home.
I also did something to my left foot, not a sprain per se just a minor amount of pain and a lot of swelling. Hopefully my regimin of propping up, ice and wrapping it in a magnetic knee brace at night is going to make it easier for me to navigate the BWI, Fort Worth/Dallas and Reno airports next Saturday when I am traveling. So far these precautions seem to be helping. First true test will be tomorrow when I go to lunch with a friend. I have been looking forward to this lunch for a long time and I am not going to miss it.
My husband would have said, "the Hudak luck caught up with you - if it weren't for bad luck we would have no luck at all". He was a pessimist - me I am an optimist and fully believe that the Hemping perseverance will prevail and I will have no problems.
1 comment:
Nice shiner. Looks like you've been moonlighting as a boxer.
Post a Comment