My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Fourth Day of Marvelous Weather and Coming Events

This is the fourth straight day where I have had the windows open and breezes blowing through. It feels good to have fresh air blowing through the house and making everything smell nice. Although it is a little bit on the gloomy side today = a new front is getting ready to move through and is supposed to bring us some rain. Can't complain, it has been awhile since we got some and my plants deserve it. Have been watering them, but they like fresh rain water better.

Watched a squirrel out my window today. He was eating a leisurely lunch and oblivious to the fact that he had an audience. Me and my cat Scooter. She was very interested, but maintained her composure and just decided to watch what was going on.

Today is the first day of summer for Eddie. Yesterday was the last day of school already. Doesn't seem possible the school year is over. Grades, homework assignments and attitudes were all over the place this year. Was just like a roller coaster ride around here - this summer promises to be more of the same, except for homework assignments. Eddie is going to have a very long list of chores to do over the summer and much prompting by his mother is going to be required - going to be interesting.

Next month I will be going to California for a couple of weeks. A week in the mountains and almost a full week at my brother's house in Redding. I am looking forward to it - going to be some driving involved because will be flying in and out of Reno. I hope to see some countryside that I don't normally get to see when I travel to Cali. Pictures will be taken and posted, both here and on FaceBook.

No comments: