Looking out my window today I see something new each time. One time the sun is shining brightly and the next time it is quiet and darker. My husband used to tell me that if I waited five minutes the weather would change - he was right. There is never a dull moment here in my world.
Instead of sitting here typing away I should be getting ready to go to the gym for my workout. I have been going 3 days a week for the past couple of months and feel strange when I don't go. I am having a good time as well as beginning to feel better. I am getting stronger each day and improving my stamina each time I ride the bike. I am up to 1 1/2 to 2 miles each time that I go.
The trainer tried to talk me into joining a seniors cardio class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I decided against it. That would mean that I was in the gym five days a week and I am not ready to burn myself out just yet.
Instead I opted to join his "walk, jog, run class" on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. We go to a local park for the exercise. I walk 1 1/4 miles (took 45 mins the first week and 40 the second). The first week I made friends with every single bench along the path, but this past week I skipped half of them. I am getting better and better all the time. Am enjoying myself as well - I am definitely one of the people there each week. But I get all sorts of "atta girl" and "you go girl" and "keep it up" and that encourages me to do better the next time. I can't believe that I am getting up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready and go to the park.
I have gotten more exercise in the past couple of months than I have in the past twenty plus years. If I were truthful I would really have to go back a few more years than that - back to college days from 1964 to 1966. Quite an achievement for a bona fide senior citizen - got my medicare card and SSA benefits - they actually start after 8/1/2011. Never thought that I would get to this stage in my life, but yet here I am. Starting a whole new phase of my life - I still do not admit to being old, just growing older with dignity and grace.
The afternoon is slipping away and I really do want to go to the gym - so.....have a good day everyone.
Oooops!!! I am going to have to wait a few minutes. The lawn mowing crew just arrived - they will be done by the time I am ready to do, maybe even before. It only takes them 15 mins to do the whole yard - well worth the money I spend. If I had to do it myself my time would be worth a whole lot more than what I pay them to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment