My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Snowing

Snow - the harbinger of winter - is 15 days early. It is still fall and that darn stuff is falling. This term was used by the weather people yesterday - holidayish - isn't even a word as far as I am concerned. It is big fluffy flakes and the grass is disappearing fast. Too fast!! According to the weather gurus - our area is going to get anywhere from one to three inches of this evil stuff. It is a good thing that I bought my supplies the other day when I was running errands because now I can sit in the coziness of my room and be warm. I just remembered - I don't have any snowboots at the moment - I gave them away because they were actually too small. Winter-style Crocs (the ones with no holes) are not going to cut it. Another good reason why I can't go out - Yea!!!!

Looks like the leaves all over my yard are going to have to wait until next spring to get cleaned up. I will have to find out Mike's address and send him what I owe for earlier mowings and the new drain box for my downspout out front. I was waiting for him to come and clean up leaves and mow one last time, see where that got me. Yucky leaves all over the place - gutters to I bet. He was supposed to install gutter guards for me this year - oh well, such is life in the fast lane.

Time to be moving on - have all sorts of "holidayish" projects to do, so I guess that I will take advantage of the fact that I am "hibernating" today. More later...

No comments: