There are two days left in 2009, two days left in the decade. Ten years have passed so quickly that it seems like it has just been the year of 2009. Scores of things have happened over the past decade - some good (retirement almost three years ago and having regular lunches with former co-workers) and some bad (losing my parents, my husband, my mother-in-law and her sister, my brother-in-law and some former co-workers). I have become the "older generation" in my family and it is a sad thing. Nothing that I can do about it however, so I have decided to go forth gracefully, always accepting the fact that my hair keeps getting grayer and my reflexes get slower.
I have joined the 21st century by becoming a cyberspace junkie of sorts. I have Face Book, El Tigre on MyFamily.com, this blog and just plain e-mails. I have renewed old friendships, made new friends, and reconnected with family members. All of the time that I have spent on the computer, about two hours each day, has been worthwhile and very nice. It has kept me connected to the world and what is going on out there. It does not take the place of actual face-to-face contact, but it is a close second, especially when so many of the people I keep in touch with are scattered all over the country.
I have a couple of friends that I have to resort to snail mail and telephone to keep in touch with because they refuse to join the 21st century. We are all the same age, but I have chosen to move forward. I like the fact that if I am lucky it is almost like being in the same place at the same time when we communicate. I like keeping in touch via cyber space.
The next two days will speed by and before we know it 2010 will be here. I hope that the new year and the new decade are good to all and that we can continue to be in touch and swap stories about what is happening in our day to day lives. Take care everyone....
1 comment:
Wow! we've been busy. Missed you at Christmas. Loved the presents, the kids are nonstop playing with them. Thank you so much. We're home now and I'll post picture soon. Were naming the baby Harrison james. Yes you can call him Harry.
Post a Comment