My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Mother Nature at her best





These are a few pictures showing the results of the snowstorm that we just had. The third largest in the history of December storms for Maryland. We usually get out big storms in late January through the end of February, with a smattering of smaller storms up until spring arrives. Mother Nature has just made sure that we get our fair share of the weather that has been going around.

The storm started late Friday night and lasted until the wee hours of Sunday morning. It took us (I should say Terry) most of the day to dig us out. Even with the help of the neighbors snow blower (half the size of ours, which was sitting on the back porch broken) it took most of the day. I helped as much as I could by cleaning off the vehicles and shoveling snow into the path of the snow blower. Terry did go to work today with a big load of snow in the back of the pickup. I figured that we could at least get rid of some of it that way.

Today it is sunny and looks rather nice outside and even though we are able to get out I have opted to stay home, bake some cookies for friends' Christmas presents and occupy myself in my "cyber" world of e-mails, blogs and other social networks. It is time to go get something to eat move on to the next project. Talk more later...

No comments: