My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September is Almost Over

September is almost over. The first few days of fall have been fairly normal. Rain finally came (the tropical storms in the Atlantic have been moving up the eastern seaboard) and things have cooled down a little bit. I am not going to complain about the rain, because we needed it. Things were a little on the dry side until a few days ago. In fact I am sitting here waiting for the rain to come again.

We have had two tornado warnings during the past few days - both of which were about 20 miles north and west of my location. Can be very disheartening though when messages flash across the television screen telling you to head for the central room of your home and away from all windows. This is the strongest point of the house and the least dangerous place to be in the home. Me I just continued to sit in my chair, watch my soaps and hope for the best.

The warnings did not turn into anything serious, so my decision to maintain my location was okay. Had no problems at all - cable wasn't even affected, which is usually the first thing to go because the main antennae location for cable around here is right in the middle of the flat areas of the state most often affected by these warnings.

I will be kid sitting tonight. Eddie and I will be on our own because Terry is taking Liz to a seminar that will be giving her the pros and cons regarding lapband and/or gastric surgery. Me personally - I will continue to do it my way - eating less but better and increasing my exercises.
I have lost a little bit, don't know exactly how much, but my pants feel looser. Gal at doctor's office said to just by the way my clothes feel and stay away from the scale as much as possible. I like that advice - that way I don't fret over the numbers. I get weighed every three months when I go to my regular doctor's appointments and as long as those results show me weighing less each time I will be happy.

Time to go...will be back soon. To those who read this (and your are few I know) thank you for doing so. I appreciate any and all comments and hopefully I have entertained and informed in a small way.

No comments: