My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Aerialist Show

This is the final result of the trim job done on the two trees in the back corner of my yard. There is so much more sunlight that comes through. Just maybe I will be able to grow some grass back in that corner now that the sun can shine through. I have tried for years to get grass to grow there without any luck. Cross fingers everyone - just maybe Mike will have more grass to mow back there.





This is the final result of having the tree closest to the house trimmed. It was keeping a lot of sun from coming in my bedroom window. This is the tree that I watch squirrels in and the tree that my cats watch the birds in. I love to watch them staring really really intently at their prey and watching their tails flick back and forth. Keeps the cats entertained that's for sure.






This is the chipper - lots of noise, but it was fast at gobbling up the branches that were taken from the trees. It amazed me just how many branches were cut away and how many were still left. They were big branches too.









This was one of the guys up in the tree. A ladder, a rope, a small chain saw and a couple of small hand saws are their tools of the trade. I like the fact that they have chosen to carry on the "old traditions" when it comes to doing their job. So many of them have gone over to the mechanical age and literally won't climb the trees. More fun to watch when bucket trucks are not involved. This is also the tree that they found a hornet's nest. The bugs were stirred up and had to calm down before the job was completed. Don't envy these guys that aspect of the job.


These trees are in the back corner of my yard neatly tucked in between my two sheds and shows just how ragged looking these trees were. They have been there since we bought the house in 1986 and God only knows how long before that. They needed a "haircut" in the worst way. They will be much healthier in the years to come as well.







This is the before shot of the tree next to the house. It to was in dire need of tending to - we had cut on it in the years past, but like a bad haircut ever once in a while you just have to rely on the professionals to do their job to make them look beautiful.








I just wish that I knew how to manipulate the photos better so that they were in the right order. Forgive me, but I am still learning. Once again it was a sheer joy to watch "artists" doing their job.

One more project to be completed (driveway resealed) and I will be done for quite awhile. I have accomplished quite a lot in the three years since I retired - new windows all around, new shutters (handmade by me), gutter guards, tree work done in the front yard, new roof over the back porch, and finally the trim work in the back yard. And people wonder why I have not done any traveling since I retired.

Traveling - my next two projects: California next summer to visit the family and then New Zealand to visit my pen pal two years after that. I can't wait to publish on my blog regarding the travel.


No comments: