My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scooter vs. Gizmo

This morning as I was vainly attempting to tell my body that it was warm under the three layers of blankets covering me, I became involved in feline war number "umpteen". The cats residing in my house - the clawless Gizmo (Liz's cat) weighing in at ten pounds and and Scooter (my cat with claws) weighing in at 17 pounds decided that they were going to have a dispute right on top of me.

There was growling, hissing, snarling and swatting galore. You would think that my cat would have the distinct advantage (weighing more and having claws) but this is not the case. According to my son, Gizmo suffers from what he calls "Little Man Syndrome" and he has to assert himself big time. Now I really don't mind the cats having running disagreements throughout the house, but when they stop on top of me and go at, I draw the line. It sounded like they were "killing" each other. I hope that Scooter was at least successful in getting in a couple of good swipes with all claws extended. They should be sharp because it has been awhile since they were clipped (this means a trip to the vet because I refuse to fight with her - I am the loser in that battle).

I have not seen Scooter since this morning - she is probably on the other side asleep behind my chair, which seems to be a favorite spot of hers at the moment. Gizmo just got up from his station on my desk in between me and my laptop. Makes typing a very interesting prospect. He is much more interested in checking out the bug that is crawling on the screen of my window. The great hunter is brave as long as the quarry is smaller than him and usually of the insect variety.

Even though the day started with the battle royal, it ended on a really good note. It was sunny, with gentle breezes, low temps and humidity (all windows and doors were opened up to take advantage) and quiet for the most part. A neighbor was using some sort of machine that sounded like a giant milkshake machine to do whatever. All things were copacetic in the neighbor hood today.

No comments: