My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Gentle Reminder

I was directed to the blog called Lifespetals Photography (see link listed at the right), which belongs to a former schoolmate of mine who is a genius when it comes to using his camera to capture life's smallest beauties and make them grand and glorious. I never knew that the desert of Arizona could produce such beauty. He also does weddings and posts a lot of pictures of his family and friends, all of which are beautifully done.

I live vicariously through his work. I can point and shoot with a small digital camera but I do not produce the quality pictures that he does. Looking at his work makes my day. It brings a quiet joy to what is sometimes a grey and colorless view of the world. It helps me to keep my faith and convinces me that the simplest things in life (i.e. spring flowers growing with wild abandon or the fact that there is beauty in even the most formidable of plants like the cactus) should not be overlooked and can be so awe inspiring. God works in mysterious ways every day and his pictures prove that each and every time I look at them.

I thank him for sharing his talents and bringing my sometimes colorless existence back into focus and letting me know that no matter how bleak things can look at times there is always beauty to be found.

No comments: