My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Four days of Spring

It has been spring for the past four days (just hope that mother nature is not playing a joke on us) and I have had my windows open the entire time. The kind of weather that we have been having (sunshine, blue skies, gentle breezes and temps in the low 70s) is the kind that I could live with year round. Wishful thinking I know, but it doesn't hurt to dream, right?

I have been watching the wildlife living their lives in my back yard and have been pleasantly surprised at what I have seen. I have a rabbit, two squirrels and at least five varieties (blackbird, dove, sparrow, cardinal and robin) of birds that have been taking full advantage of the bugs and worms that proliferate my yard. I think that I am going to have to invest in a birdbath, a bird feeder or two and a squirrel feeder as well (the kind that you can put corn on the cob on and have them twirl) just so I can keep them around to watch. The cats like to sit in the window and watch them as well.

The cats are funny, their tails (only the last quarter of it) are flipping from side to side at a rapid speed and their bottoms are poised to pounce only to realize that there is a screen in between them and their prey. They are doomed to watching only, but at least their minds and instincts are kept active.

No comments: