My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Living Vicariously

I am living vicariously through the lives of my two nieces. Between them there are 6 and 1/2 kids and their lives seem to be very full and always exciting. I did good raising one child - I managed to get him through a childhood rife with many stumbling blocks and raise a decent and caring human being. He is my greatest accomplishment.

If there had been several children (as seems the case with both my nieces) I would have come out the other side of that experience more of a blithering idiot than I already am. I have never claimed to be sane and sometimes that is evident in my life. I have not always made the best decisions, but somehow everything has turned out for the best. I have always received what I needed when I needed it and for that I have been very grateful.

Both of my nieces have blogs and I enjoy browsing them on a daily basis to find out what is new and exciting in their lives. I feel privilaged to be able to be a part of their lives however vicarious it may be.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We enjoy hearing about you too and getting to know you better