My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall has sprung!!

It is cloudy, the humidity is low, the temps are low and the leaves are starting to turn colors. I guess it is safe to say that Fall has finally arrived in our neighborhood. Oh Joy!!! This means that winter cannot be far behind - YUCK!!!

As you can see I am not a big fan of the colder months of the year - makes me wish that I were a millionaire because I would be packing up for my annual trek to New Zealand, where the sun is shining and the temps are getting warmer and warmer (it is going into spring and then summer there). I would follow summer and warmth around the world or at least between the U.S. and New Zealand.

It won't be long before I will have to make sure the pantry is full of the staples (both food and paper products) so that when the really bad parts of winter hit I can stay at home, let mother nature dig out my vehicle etc. and watch it all from the comfort of the inside of my house. I hibernate like the bears do - I guess that is why I am such a fan of all my teddy bears.

Terry is home today - I guess he has a migraine again. They have been coming more and more often - I certainly hope that this is not a "peek at the future" for him. They have an idea as to what is causing them, but because he has no health insurance (like so many others in the country) he has to save up for whatever medical appointments and procedures are needed. I will have to talk to him in a little while to find out what he is doing - taking the whole day, or half a day, from work. He does not get paid when he is off like this either - so he is hit with a double whammy. Such is life in this economy.

Fall is the time of the year for open season for insurance. I have been trying to keep track of all the things that are being done by the government regarding health coverage but I am a little bit apprehensive because of all the talk about government employees and their health care coverage (this applies to retirees as well). The media makes it sound like we are getting so much (the senators etc. are getting really good stuff) but those of us that were and are "peons" pay for what we get - and it is no where near the priority treatment that the senators etc. get. Plus we have deductibles to meet - they don't. I hate being lumped in with them - I hate that the whole world thinks that government employees are "all rich and well off" - I would venture to say that the majority of the government jobs are at the GS5 to GS9 level and believe me they do not make the money with the government that they could make in the private industry. Governments saving grace - jobs with more stability and a good leave policy (vacation and sick days).

Ooops!!! I got on my soapbox - sorry about that. It happens ever once in a while. Don't mean to bore you - just have to say things ever once in a while. Time to go. I am getting hungry and I am tired of listening to Terry snore. Take care and have a good day everyone......

No comments: