My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Picture/Pennsylvania Trip

Decided that it was time to update the picture in my profile. I have my pic taken with my friend at her retirement party the end of July. So I cropped it and here I am - not the best in the west (or should I say east) but it will do for now. One day I will have someone take an actual close up pic of me that I will then use.

This past weekend (8/15-16/09) we drove up to the Pittsburgh area for a family reunion for the Hudak side of the family. It turned out that except for one person it was all "second and third generation" people there. All of the aunts and uncles have passed on. The one uncle left was married to one of the sisters (there were 13 siblings in all). I expected that there were going to be a lot more people there because with so many aunts and uncles there were lots of kids, but this was not the case. I knew Paul's cousins Butch, Gladys, Joyce and Theresa and that was it. We stayed for a few hours and then drove home. The trip home was much quicker than the trip there because Terry fell in with a fast crowd and took full advantage of the situation. I took some nice pictures, but have not downloaded them to my computer yet. When I do I will post the pics.

This was kind of a mini-vacation for Terry and I. It was fun and we both needed to get away from good ole Baltimore - - even if it was only a few hours.

No comments: