It is the beginning of another week. Time flies when you are having fun and I had some of that last week. Went out to lunch with some friends and had a really nice time. Friday night I went to a retirement party for a friend from work. It was supposed to be a wedding reception, but that fell through. The hall was paid for etc. so the gal decided to use it to celebrate her retirement. It was the nicest party that I had been too in a very long time. There was quite a turnout - about half were from work and the rest were her family and non-work friends. The food was good (a sit down dinner) - stuffed chicken breast, mashed taters w/gravy and collard greens (my very first time ever eating them - not bad, but not one of my favorite things in the food world). I can now at least say that I have tried them.
Will be spending this week getting ready to travel to the Hudak family reunion in Pittsburgh next weeken (8/16/09). Only know a few of Paul's relatives so decided that it was time that we saw them again. It has been a long time since I have seen any of them. Terry is going with me - hopefully it will be a good time. I will let you know. The cousins that live in Florida are always asking me to come down - hopefully this will appease them for awhile. Driving to Florida is a major trip - three days at least for me alone. I just may do it one time though, with a stop in Savannah, GA on my way back home. I want to eat at Lady and Sons - the restaurant owned by Paula Deen from the Food Network.
Time to go, have things to do today....take care everyone.....
1 comment:
I have to agree with you collard green are not my favorite either. Sound like your having some fun.
Post a Comment