My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Weekend Comes and Goes

Spent Saturday watching the weather thru my window - had all sorts of things to watch out for - rain, spectacular lightening shows and tornadoes (which did not come our way thankfully). The lightening meant that it was a noisy day as well. We survived tho - thought that we would wash away a couple of times it rained so hard, but we survived that as well.

Spent Sunday on a shopping spree - the whole gang went to Hanover and Gettysburg, PA to hit the Shoe Store (only place where Terry can find shoes and new school shoes for Eddie) and The Outlets (school clothes for Eddie and some odds and ends for the rest of us). We had a nice meal at a place called Damons. I had a soup and salad combo - the soup (Tomato Florentine) out of this world and because it was on the menu as Endless Soup and Salad I took advantage and had two bowls of soup. It can be an expensive day if you arn't careful, but the ride is nice - just long enough to keep you interested, but not bored.

School starts tomorrow - hip hip hooray. It is not going to be a fun day for Eddie. First day in 6th grade in a brand new school and he has no idea who his teachers are, where his room is or what his schedule is going to be. He knows that his bus stop is just up the road, but as to when the bus comes ??????? His mom let orientation day come and go - such is life in the fast lane in this household. I do not envy the boy at all. Good thing that he is a fast learner and can think "on his feet" if he wants to. He is going to have a hard time adjusting as well - his schedule for the past few weeks has been up till all hours of the night playing games on the computer and sleeping all day. It is almost noon and he just got up and he is grumpy as all get out. I think that I will close my bedroom door and cover up my head in the a.m. - it is not going to be a pretty sight. So much for the immediate future in our household.

Well, I have a project to do on the computer. I have to attempt to locate some info for Terry, so I will get to it so that I can then eat and move on to other things. Take care everyone.....

No comments: