TGIF everyone....it is early in the morning. I am not used to being up this early in the a.m., but I could not go back to sleep so here I sit writing away. It is gloomy outside - hot, but gloomy. I am waiting for another series of thunderstorms to roll through. It got a little loud overnight and the lights flickered a few times, but we made it through.
The week has flown by - I have been busy running errands and doing work on the computer (lots of googling, shopping and paying bills). I have re-established communications with some schoolmates. Several people have posted pictures from the last reunion (45th from high school) on the El Tigre page. All these pictures have brought back a lot of memories - both good and bad. High school was not my favorite time - not the highlight of my life so to speak, but memorable nonetheless. There were some good friends and some good times - very good times in fact - but my college days were far more fun. Maybe I will regale you with college days escapades some day.
I am going out to lunch with friends today. The one activity of my retirement that has brought me the most joy so far. It gets me out of the house and keeps me in touch with what is going on at work. All I will say about that is "I picked the right time to retire".
Hopefully the rain will hold off until I get home - I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home as well - my cat needs her creature comforts (food and litter), which also keeps me happy. A happy cat is a cat that is not attacking my feet every time she wants food put in her bowl. Don't ever tell me that animals are dumb or can't communicate - my Scooter is very good at letting me know what she wants and gets her "point" (or I should say points - nails) across very effectively.
Well, I have a couple of projects to get done before I get ready to leave for lunch. Have a good day everyone - blessings to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment