My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's Sunday

It is Sunday morning. I have been up for awhile. The sun is shining and it looks like there might be a breeze blowing (I have my computer set up so that I can look out my window). May be worth the time to open the door and find out what the temp is outside. If nice enough will warrant opening windows to air things out.

I am hooked up to my MP3 player - listening to country music as I sit here writing, so if there are some mistakes that I do not catch you will know the reason. I finally figured out how to download music to my MP3 and I also discovered today that I could record music from the radio if I wanted. Will wonders never cease. Technology is amazing.

I have also spent some time on the "El Tigre" page on MyFamily.com. There were all sorts of pictures from the 45th reunion of the class of 64. Talk about making a person feel old - I looked at at those pics and did not recognize very many of the people. A couple of people have faces that I have not changed all that much, but others = WOW!!!!!! I would have passed most of those people on the street and never recognized them. By the same token they probably would not recognize me either. Like I told one classmate - the only thing that has not changed is the fact that I have blue eyes. Hair is now short and grey; I have to wear glasses all the time (a casualty of working with computers for 20 plus years) and there is now enough of me to make two of me in 1964. There were even a couple of people that had white hair, which is the opposite of the black hair they had in school.

My son just got up so it is time to move around and get things done. Besides, my tummy is telling me that it is time to eat something.

OOPS!!!!! the sun just went away, so I guess that the possibility of some sprinkles may just come to pass. Take care family......more later.........

No comments: