I watched two programs on the biography channel tonight - one was about Freddy Mercury of Queen and the other was about Mama Cass Elliot. Now you would think that at my age I would be familiar with both of these entities, but that is not the case. So I spent some time tonight downloading some of their music to my MP3 player. Don't know quite how I did it, but I succeeded.
I learned that Freddy Mercury was enamored by the voice of an opera star (Montserrat) and that the last album he made before he died was with this person. It was called Barcelona. It was very good and quite the thing for a rock and roller to collaborate with an opera diva to make some beautiful music.
I always liked the Mamas and Papas (the group Cass was in for awhile) but I was not aware that she did so much on her own. She was likened to a modern day Kate Smith in her day. Very true - a voice that was and is very easy to listen to. So here I sit typing and listening to my MP3. I am slowly but surely joining the 21st century technologically speaking. I will never be a expert I am sure, but will at least I will be able to add and delete music from the MP3, post on my blog and hopefully master my site on facebook which is proving to be very interesting. It is going to take awhile to master this one.
An exciting way to spend a Saturday night right? It is for me. Now it is time to go for the night. Take care my lovelies and enjoy the music of your life.......
No comments:
Post a Comment