Hip hip hooray!!!!!! I am free of "das boot" and once again can rejoin the regular world. That thing had a hobbling effect and kept me from moving around easily. I guess it did it's job.
I am once again free to work in my yard. There has been quite a bit of rain in the past weeks and the weeds have taken full advantage of the situation. They are going to be fun to try and pull out, but it needs to be done desperately. I fully admit that if it were not for weeds and very small varieties of wild flowers that my lawn would not be green. Grass has very little to do in my yard. One advantage is that when everyone else's yard is turning brown from heat and lack of rain later in the summer, mine is green and growing. However, weeds in with my flowers cannot be tolerated. They choke them and don't allow them to bloom and I do like my flowers to be visible and vibrant.
I went to lunch with a bunch of friends from the job yesterday and had a chance to catch up with their lives and how their families are doing. I also learned about the going away party for another friend that has transferred to Columbus, Ohio (their gain is our loss big time). I will be going to there on Thursday afternoon. He is a good agent and they will miss him. He was responsible for some serious wins against corrupt politicians in the area. One thing that happens when you work public corruption-type cases is that you become very jaded and have very little faith in any politician. There are good ones out there, just very few and far between.
Well, I have to go - take care my family. Keep up the good works and treasure the little ones.....
No comments:
Post a Comment