My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunsets


this picture of the marvelous sunset at the top of my blog as of this date (5/27/09) was taken soon after I left Loyalton after one of my visits to Daddy. I could not pass up the opportunity to stop and make sure that I saved that moment in time. It is something that my dad would have done. He was a great one for stopping and smelling the roses as the saying goes. He appreciated the grand and glorious vistas that God created for our viewing pleasure. Every time that I look at it so many wonderful memories and thoughts flood through my mind.

It is grey and gloomy today - but not anywhere near what I would call cool (in the 80s and very humid). It has even rained a few drops here and there. Not really conducive to bright and cheery thoughts - hence the trip to my blog to revel in my glorious sunset.

A friend from work is retiring as of tomorrow (5/28) and I took her out to lunch today to welcome her to retirement. She is going to do just fine. She has a noble plan for her immediate future and that is to help battered and abused women get a grip on their lives and to let them know that they are not alone in this world. This gal as survived two abusive relationships and finally realized that she tends to gravitate towards abusers and is doing something about it. She is going to use her experiences as an example to others and hopefully help them start new and safer lives. I admire her very much and wish her much success in her endeavors.

Time to move on - get my foot back in "das boot" (only one more week to go - hopefully) and get it propped up.

No comments: