My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Late Night Review

It is one o'clock in the A.M. on Saturday 5/23/09. I just finished checking the blogs for family members and saw the notice for a wedding anniversary. Nine years for Nate and Erica - good for you. I wish that you have many many more years of happiness and peace. You guys have had some very busy times in the past few months and I hope that the trip to Disneyland that was alluded to is a good one. I always liked going there - The Pirates of the Caribbean and the Hall of the Presidents were my two favorite places in the park. But it has probably changed a great deal since I was there in the late sixties.

Spring has finally decided that it is going to dry out. A robin has built a nest on a rafter of my new porch cover and is currently sitting on some eggs. I am looking forward to the birth of the little ones, but their impending arrival has put a halt on a project that I was going to do under the new roof. Can't disturb them and won't complete my project until the family has moved on.

I am also slightly laid up at the moment. I pulled a typical "Hudak blunder" on Mother's Day and ended up with a hairline fracture of a bone in my right foot. I have a big boot that I have to wear until 6/2/09 at least. Maybe longer it the bone heals slowly - I hope not, this thing has slowed me down. Not to mention the fact that my knees and some other joints are complaining about the restrictions created by "das boot". All I did was walk across a perfectly flat paved parking lot - goes to show what happens as you get older - never a dull moment that is for sure.

I lost my last remaining brother-in-law on 5/14/09. He was 45 years old. He has been sick a very long time and he finally let go. Multiplesclerosis (SP?????) is a mean disease. It takes everything from you except your ability to think. He was a gentle soul and will be missed. He was greatly loved and tended to by his wife of 23 years. Due to God's good graces and Bernie's tender care David lived far longer than he would have if she had not been around. In the end he was completely bed ridden and unable to communicate except for the blinking of his eyes. He and Bernie seemed to be on the same wavelength and communicated in a way that only they understood.

Well, it is time for me to go out to the living room to turn off the t.v., turn off the lights and crawl into bed - hopefully to sleep soundly.

No comments: