My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Out My Bedroom Window


I just finished reading all of the blogs for the family, checking out the El Tigre page on MyFamily.com, and sifting through my e-mails. I looked up and one of the cats was intently staring out of the window. I could not capture exactly what he was looking at (probably a bird in the tree or a squirrel on the ground) but I noticed that the trees and bushes were greening up nicely, that there is a nice little breeze blowing and most important of all -- the sun is shining very brightly.

It has been almost two weeks since we have seen it this bright. It has been grey, gloomy and damp. It has been raining off and on for the past two weeks. Yesterday was my first time out for a while, it was grey, gloomy an damp, but it fit the bill so to speak. I went to a funeral for a friend's mother. Mother nature shed tears for her in the form of rain. She was a sweet lady and will be greatly missed. I am so glad that the sun chose to shine today - it is God's way of saying she is home, she is happy and sporting a smile big enough to brighten this day.

I have decided to set up a small space in my bedroom for my laptop so that I can concentrate on what I am doing and will not be distracted by the television - my main nemisis in life. It has been a downfall of mine since I was a small child and introduced to the blasted machine by my grandfather, much to my mother's dismay. My bedroom has become my haven from all the chaos in the rest of the house. The cats come in here as well knowing that they too will be safe from the turmoil in the rest of the house. This is the one place that Eddie is not allowed to come without first being invited.

I am being seranaded by the birds so I think that I will stop and take the time to listen to them and smell the coming of spring.........

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'd like to see a picture of eddie, how old is he? Love your blog hope your having a great summer so far.