It has been over six years since my husband - Paul John - passed away. Does not seem like it has been that long, but it has.
My husband was cremated and expressed the desire that his ashes be scattered at his "crabbing spot" on the Eastern Shore. This will be done someday, but in the meantime he is resting on a shelf above the television set in the living room.
For the longest time he was in a plain black box, but I decided that I needed to find something more appropriate. After searching I came up with the sea chest (thought that it was a nice homage of the fact that he was in the Navy and his love of the sea) and it has been his home ever since. The "sailor" bear is a Boyd's bear and represents his younger self and the old time seafaring man (hand made by me years ago) is representative of him in his later years.
I tell people that he is with me always - he is sitting on a shelf at home being a part of the family on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment