My pen pal Adrienne lives in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the only thing that I can do at this time is sit here and wait for some sort of news regarding her and her family. It is hard to wait for news. It will probably be quite awhile because according to CNN there is no power, no water and residents have been asked to evacuate their homes for shelters. I hope and pray that they still have a home to go back to if they chose to leave.
The pictures on the news have been very disturbing and only serve to make the waiting more anxious. It saddens me that I am so far away and that the only thing that I can do is say prayers and hope for the best. I will be here if my friend of 53 years finally reaches out to me so that I can provide the only thing that I can - words of encouragement etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment