My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Work Station

This is an antique secretary desk that my mom and dad gave me a long time ago. It is perfect for my laptop and other assorted things. At the moment it is squeezed in between my bed (to the right) and my window to the world (to the left). It is the place where I spend a great deal of my time socializing via electronic means - e-mails, FaceBook and this blog. I also do some writing - it is my way of venting, remembering and stretching my mind.

For a long time this little gem of a workspace sat in my other room - the one that holds my recliner, my television, my PC (which has since died) and my treadmill (3 years old and unused to date - time is coming though because I am losing weight to make walking easier - so far all I have had to do is cut back on my food intake and eat the right things).

When Adrienne visited me this last summer I moved it into the dining room so that we would have a place to set up the laptop so that we could download pics from cameras, set up files to share and put pics on thumbnail drives. It worked out so well that I decided to find a way to squeeze it into my bedroom - I succeeded. After tomorrow it will have even more room. I am putting up my new bed (a full size rather than queen - don't need all that room any more), moving out the cedar chest and putting in a much smaller table to become home for the small printer that I bought to hook up to the laptop. Then my workspace will be complete - fully functional.

I will continue to enjoy the best of all worlds - I can do my writing, listen to my music, watch tv programs that I missed, and keep in touch with my friends all while I keep track of what is going on outside my window (watching the seasons come and go as well as the wildlife that inhabit my yard on a seasonal basis). I can also give the cats back their window perch so they can enjoy the view as well.

No comments: