My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Dancing with the Stars

I have watched this show ever since it started 8 seasons ago. I guess that I like it because it is a chance for me to live vicariously through other people. I would love to be able to dance, but having two left feet makes that impossible. I have to be satisfied voting for the dancers of my choice - this year I am voting for Gilles Marini - who I did not know before. He has been great since week one. There are, however, a few others that are hot on his heels or have improved greatly since week one. Ty Murray - a rodeo bull rider - is getting better and better each week. Chuck Wicks is another one that is up and coming.

Two left feet and no sense of rhythem (not spelled right I know, but I have never been able to spell this word for some reason) - I inherited both from daddy. He could square dance but only because they told him what to do - so he said anyway. I try to clap in unison and by the fifth clap I am out of sync and messing things up. It sucks sometimes. I have to be satisfied with watching other people dance and listening to music. Both of which I enjoy to the max.

Dear daddy, I have been thinking about him a lot here lately. Now that spring is around the corner I remember him sitting by my sliding glass door early in the morning watching the chipmunks cavorting around my back yard. I never new we had chipmunks until he visited - I was always in too much of a hurry in the early morning getting ready for work during the week and sleeping in during the weekend. He taught me to stop and enjoy that little things - just take the time to be aware of all the wonderful things that God has put on this earth for us to enjoy.

Boy - it's amazing what Dancing with the Stars can lead to.............

No comments: