My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

Not a holiday I know, but by the accounts of many it should be. It is probably the only football game that I will actually watch during the year. So here I sit writing away and watching the game - the Cardinals just had to kick the ball away.

The Steelers are ahead at the moment, which makes Terry happy. He is a Steelers fan, has been for years through thick or thin. I really don't know why - Baltimore had a good team when the Colts were still here, even then it was Steelers all the way for Terry. Maybe somewhere down deep it is because his father is from the Pittsburgh area (born there). I have never really asked him - I just know that he takes a lot of flak from his co-workers and friends because they are all Ravens fans. If the Steelers win today there will be a lot of his co-workers very unhappy. Terry could "rake them over the coals" (like they rake Terry over the coals), but he won't - Terry keeps it cool. Terry likes to see his team win but by the same token he knows that it is just a game and nothing to get nasty about.

This is going to be a good game. I think that it is time to watch it for real - so.........more later.

No comments: