My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Cool" chick


Check out the "cool chick" perched on the
ice cream maker. That's me alright. We
(meaning the gals in Home EC) were making a dinner for our parents. We were having homemade ice cream for dessert. Some yahoo decided it was a good photo op and it made it into the year book for my freshman year.

Jimmy Joy was recruited to turn the handle and Jewel Weaver was the alternate sitter. She was relieved that the picture was taken prior to her turn on the maker. Lucky her. What some kids won't do for their parents.

This one of the many many pictures on the El Tigre page on MyFamily.com, however, this is not the page that has my actual class picture on it. Can't say much for the quality of the picture though.

These are some of the people that will be celebrating a 45th reunion in July, 2009. It does not seem possible--I don't feel much older than I did when I graduated from high school. Better make that college - I spent two years in Susanville, CA attending Lassen Junior College. It was what I call "a one haller" - it was a single building (walk in the front door, walk down the hall and walk out the back door) located next to the high school building on the main drag. There were 300 guys and 50 gals - talk about the deck being stacked in my favor. Most of the students were in the Forestry, Agriculture or Gunsmithing programs; however, this is where I learned my secretarial skills - typing, shorthand, business machines, business math in addition to the regular classes i.e. English, history etc. I have an AA Degree in Secretarial Arts - not really all that grand sounding but it got me started in my career with the Federal Government.

The ratio of guys and gals was great from my standpoint - I had quite a few "guy" friends, but no real boyfriend. Managed to find a soul mate of sorts in that we were both born during the early morning hours (approximately 6:30 a.m.) of August 6th - me in Iowa, him in California. Now I ask you - how often does that happen? His name is Alexander "Sandy" Dancy. Wonder what he is doing and where he is now. I do know that mom was not all that impressed the weekend that I came home on the back of his Harley motorcycle. He was a big teddy bear and a good friend. I had a grand time - it was quite an experience and one that I would not mind having again. It was a thrill to say the least and a great way to travel when you are young and carefree. A nice memory to close with...........

No comments: