My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

2009 and shine

2009 slid in here at the Hudak household. I watched the ball fall in NYC, said happy new year to Terry and then went to bed. Got up a few hours later to watch the Rose Parade - a yearly ritual. Afterwards just wiled away the rest of the day trying to find something to watch on t.v. besides football (not my favorite sport). A very quiet way to spend a holiday. I also started to read a novel by Nora Roberts called The Pagan Stone, which is the third book in a trilogy. Had read the first two earlier in 2008 and finally got the third one to read. All were great - I will be looking for more of her books to read.

well my brother beat me to the draw.....he was the first to put photos in the Hemping Album on the El Tigre page on MyFamily.com. He chose some good ones - I guess that now it is going to be my turn to dig into my supply of photos and put some in. I have been enjoying going to the El Tigre page and seeing who is doing what and how they are doing and taking a look at times gone by.

Yep, it is 2009 and just how much it is going to shine remains to be seen. Sounds good though. I have myself parked in my recliner making use of my laptop which is being protected by the "cooler" board underneath. I burned up my last laptop by literally using it as a laptop with nothing underneath to allow it to "breathe". My son decided to make sure that doesn't happen again and gave me the "cooler" for Christmas. I have cleared all my e-mails (263) as well. It has been a busy day on the computer.

One shining moment will happen in 60 days - I am going to be a great aunt once again. Another little girl who is going to become a very welcome member of her family. I am sure that she is going to be another "blond beauty" in the family. I look forward to saying welcome to Alicia and hope to be able to see her this summer. I am hoping to be in the fair state of California during July. My highschool class is having it 45 reunion - yep you hear right - 45 WOW.

We dodged another bullet weatherwise this week. It could have gotten very nasty at the homefront. Ice was predicted and it happened within miles of the domicile but never made it to my front door. I am glad - I am not a winter person. Don't know just how many more times that the bullet will be dodged - have been lucky so far, but it is going to catch up with me sooner or later.

No comments: