My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Friday, December 5, 2008

My family

My son does not want his picture published on the internet in any way shape or form---so I will post a picture of the one member of my family that does not care one way or the other. She joined the family during the ealy summer of 2004 just a few months before Paul died. He was not really fond of cats, but he made an exception for this one - I do have to admit that she was cute and very cool as a kitten......her name is Scooter by the way. She had a way of scooting all around the house when she was small.



As you can tell by the look in her eye she can be an evil thing (witch with a "b" is what I was going to say). She will be sitting my lap, purring away when the next thing I know she is wrapping herself around my arm and laying into me with all of her claws and teeth. She has left her mark on my arms and legs - no doubting the fact that I have a cat. She is approximately 15 pounds of trouble who has her claws clipped once a month by the vet. There is no way that I would attempt to do it myself. As it is she has gained quite a rep with vet - the people up there wear heavy leather gloves or wrap her in layers of towels. Rightly so I might add. She can be a witch, but she is my witch.......

1 comment:

Erica said...

She has pretty eye's. Grandpa would say that she is full of piss and vinegar. Haha I remember him saying that about a dog that lived next door to them.