It has been a very long time since I posted anything on my blog. So long in fact that I had a hell of a time getting to the correct place to add this to it. Would you believe that it is September, 2016. Over two years have gone by and there has been so much water under the bridge, so to speak, in that time.
I have fractured ribs. This happened November of last year (2015) and it took me around 8 weeks to get back to normal. Was not a fun experience and I have no intention of ever repeating it.
I have lost weight. Almost 100 pounds total. Knees feel better and I have had to buy some new clothes to wear, which any self-respecting woman likes to do. Now I just have to get rid of the stuff that is too big. When that finally happens some charity is going to be very happy. I started up at a new gym and this time I am doing it right. I even got myself a trainer. I have decided that I am going to work on toning things up, getting my core stronger so my back doesn't hurt and just feeling good about myself. If I lose more weight then so be it.
I have had my heart checked out (it is in good shape) and have been diagnosed with Asthma. All this was because I would be out of breath after walking from on end of the house to the other and the heart would be pounding way too fast. So far things are working out and I only have to use my inhaler once in a while. I must admit though that the past couple of weeks have been the worst part of summer for me.
I have lost two friends the past four months. This is not good. I don't have that many good friends that I can afford to lose any. Both were younger than me and both were a big shock. One had a heart attack and the other was a victim of cancer. Two rather bad things that take you whenever they damn well please. I was looking forward to them retiring because they would have been good traveling buddies. Once again if I am going to travel around the country I guess I am going to have to do it on my own.
The family is doing pretty good. Terry is still working for the landscape company and thankfully his job is mostly sedentary because his chair broke on him and he is now fighting with Workman"s Comp to get his back taken care of. Liz is working for Mod Pizza and loving life (or at least was until she fell at work the other day and screwed up her good knee). I am just beginning my 7th decade and I seem to be the healthiest adult in the house at the moment. Knock on wood, that stays the same.
Eddie graduated from high school this year. He will be starting college during the spring next year. He needs to turn 18 and get his driver's license so that the rest of us don't have to play driver for him. He is currently working and trying to learn how to drive. He has his learner's permit but still needs to find a driving school and get 40 hours of drive time under his belt in order to get his license. He is finding out that life is not free because he will be paying for the lessons, plus other things, on his own. His pay check goes a lot quicker than it comes.
Those are the major things that have happened over the past couple of years. Otherwise is has been pretty normal day in - day out kind of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment