My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last Wednesday of the month

I have spent a good portion of the day sitting at my computer typing. For some reason I had the urge to put fingers to the keys and write. I wrote about Christmas trees (the fact that my dad roamed the woods of Northern California to find just the right one to send to us), Christmas memories (mostly Sievert/Hemping family get togethers for the holidays) and started to write about my "formative years" (mainly my years in Iowa). I will get in the mood again I am sure and will expand on the formative years then.

Scooter, the heaviest of the two cats that live here, sat on my mouse awhile ago and she "killed" it. I don't know what she did to it, but it no longer works. I had to scrounge the mouse from my PC, which died a couple of weeks ago. I do believe that a virus attacked it and wiped out programs etc. so it doesn't work anymore. Not much that I can do but replace it. It is a Dell and they are notorious for not allowing the hard drive to be updated. Real bummer. I am currently stuck with using my laptop, but that is okay. I have grown quite accustomed to it and actually prefer it. I bought a printer to hook up to it so that I can print stuff. Printing is all that it can do - no fax, no copy.

It is time to quit for the day. My fingers have not worked this much since I retired and they are letting me know that they are ready to relax.

No comments: