My family from California when they came to visit. It was a special time and was so glad to have them here in person for awhile. Vance, Leta, Danny and me captured in a selfie taken by my brother.

Monday, July 12, 2010

53 years in the making

This is me with my penpal (Adrienne Gelton) of 53 years. This was the very first time that we met in person. We were on the Strasburg RR in Pennsylvania when this picture was taken. It was a very hot day (7/6/10) - in the triple digits and it showed as far as I was concerned. Another passenger on the train took this picture for us. I have a ton of other pictures that we took during our three days in the Amish Country in Pennsylvania, as well as other pictures that she took to take back home (New Zealand) with her.

Even though it was 53 years ago that we started writing to each other and we had never met in person before, it was as if we had lived next door to each other all that time. We found out that we are actually very similar in many ways, i.e. the way that we think about things, the way we live our lives and the way that we were when we were kids. It has been fun and it is going to be a sad day when she leaves. We have been talking non-stop ever since I picked her up at Dullas International Airport in Virginia.

We went out to lunch today (7/12/10) with a friend of mine and had salads at Potbellies, a favorite place of mine to eat. We had a good time and on the way home we saw more sites and even more pictures were taken. It has been fun and a memory that I will have for the rest of my life. I am now very motivated to save up my money and go to New Zealand to see her country and meet her family. I can't wait and am very excited to get started.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: